Monday, April 7, 2008

A different view from afar

Here's an article from The Economist about what some people in the middle east think of our presidential race. I'd be interested to see a poll of Americans on who they think should be leading countries in the middle east. Guliani would probably be leading across the board.

I haven't really asked any Vietnamese people what they think of the American presidential race, I can say this though. There is a monument to John McCain in Hanoi. I'll let you guys decide who you think the Vietnamese might prefer as the American President. Rumour has it that when McCain came to visit Hanoi in 2000, he elected to stay at the Sheraton.

3 comments:

CY said...

Hey Jake - I guess the Hanoi Hilton was worth a 2nd visit for ole man McCain. I seriously doubt he'll win the election, especially with all the neck-n-neck of The Black vs. The Woman. That is the real race, so maybe he'll win after all, but it would be a shocker. I don't HONESTLY know where I stand or what to think. Thanks for the thought-provoking links and pontifications. cy :)

CY said...

oops, meant to say that the hanoi hilton was NOT worth a 2nd visit!!! Besides, he's probably getting Starwood Points at the Sheraton. You know, the free happy hour and NY Times under your door everymorning.

Anonymous said...

Unrelated but, fooling around in the sunroom would be a lot better if the programmer wasn't behind the curtain. How'd you manage to get past that?